Friday, March 11, 2011

20 things I love.

First, I would like to start by introducing myself to the blogging world--please be patient with me as I am new at this (very excited but semi-clueless).  My name is Julie--my friends call me "Jewel"/"Jul"/"Jule"--but for my official blogging name I think I'll go by "Jewel".  I thought to myself, "What could I blog about that's not already out there? something that wouldn't waste people's time--something different?" What did I come up with? Nothing. Nada. I mean, really, what hasn't been talked about in some way, shape or form--but then it hit me--there IS something I have that NO one else has--what is that you might ask? My own personality, experience, and perspective on things! Now, I won't tell you it's something you want to read, but in case you think it may not bore you half to death I'd like to explain what my blog will NOT be about: politics, religion, negativity, social politics, media, food (not primarily), travel (not primarily).....or anything else that would cause divestment, stress, or controversy.  The point of this blog is to be interesting, fun, informative, fun, interactive, fun--you get the idea. I do need some help from you though--on WHAT exactly I should blog about. My number one passion is fashion. I am not however the expert on this topic, nor do I own one single pair of Manolo's or a Birkin bag (both to my utter dismay--someday:). I will explain a little about myself however.  I love make-up and getting dressed-up, I am a professional make-up artist (really only do it for fun though), I have modeled a little but it's not what I want to do as a career (nor do I consider myself to be "a model" by any description of the word, I love food entirely too much:), I often get mocked for my insanely large closet--specifically my shoe and perfume collections(although I'm sure many of you would put me to shame:), I worked as a personal shopper at J. Crew (I'd love to share some of my experiences/knowledge from this and hear your feedback), I love eating out, going to the city, traveling to new places--but this is all off topic of my original intention--which was to make a list of 20 things I love.  So here we go--in random order:

1.shoes
2.chocolate--specifically Nutella--I sometimes sustain myself on this alone
3. Breakfast at Tiffany's 
4. good music
5.Anthropologie
6. my Love Cheap Chic Moschino perfume
7.my fuzzy pink Ralph Lauren robe
8. getting a new haircut/style/color (I do this quite often)
9. the city--specifically NYC but I won't discriminate :)
10. independence
11.the color purple
12.warm weather
13.Lucky 7 wine
14.Free People
15.the beach
16.big hair
17.the smell of summer
18. gelato 
19.canary diamonds
20.anything new

So there is a small idea of things I love--hope I didn't bore you too much. I thought below I'd include some photos of me from warmer days. I'd love your thoughts/advice/comments on ideas for my future blog topics--or this post:)) 

Until next time,
~~~Jewel~~~


Shirt: J. Crew, Skirt: Forever21, Socks: J. Crew, Shoes: Forever21, Bracelet: H&M

Dress: Elliot via Madewell, Belt: J. Crew, Shoes: thrift store
Fashion Show at my university--my friend's dress I'm modeling won "People's Choice"








3 comments:

  1. Hey girl!!!!

    I LOVE your blog so far!! Can't wait for you to post more...you sound so similar to me haha we love so much of the same stuff!! I'm eating gelato as i write this =)....I model on the side and wish i was a professional makeup artist...that would be awesomee! Sounds like you're doing great for yourself!! I think I will post a modeling picture of me like you did, great idea =) Thanks for commenting on my blog, Id love for you to follow me! I will!~ <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    Thanks!!!! SOOOO glad you love it! I've been told before I should start one and I just never motivated myself until recently, but I'm so glad I did! AHHHH that's amazing! I love gelato as well! You absolutely should post some of your modeling pics--I'd love to see them:) I am following you and excited to see future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there!
    that's a fresh blog, even fresher than mine! :D
    I find it interesting so far and will be your 9th follower ;)
    wanna follow mine too??

    xoxo

    http://wear-a-smile-wear-a-smile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete