Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hair Extensions

Today, I thought I'd share with you my experience with hair extensions. Many friends and acquaintances have asked me about them, and I thought it may be informative to all of you:) First, the options for hair extensions implementation methods are as follows: Sewn or weaved in, bonded or glued on, or clipped in. After a long consultation with my hair dresser (she's amazing!) and seeking the advice of other stylists--it seemed the best option was clip in REAL hair. This may be the most important factor: make sure it is a high quality real hair--my hair dresser got them at a hair show she attended. The reason I opted for clip ins is because it's the only method that 1.won't damage your real hair (which was a must for me) and 2.will last longer than 2 months. Below, I will list the before and after (I also went from light blonde to dark brownish red). I'd love to hear your own experiences with extensions/thoughts:)
Right before shot 
Shirt: H&M, Shorts: &s, Tights:J.Crew
right after :)



Actual Hair extensions


Until next time,
~~~Jewel~~~






3 comments:

  1. Loving the long hair and colour, i am tring to decide whether i want to go dark or not ???? So i have bought a wig and i will see what that looks like... he he

    Love the blog and thanks for the comment
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. o0o I love it !!!!
    I used to really want extensions and then my hair got so long i didn't need them lol...but they've always fascinated me. If I ever did them I'd def do the clip ins. No point in ruining ur hair! You look great with both blonde and brownish/red. Are those all extensions or did u dye ur hair too?? It looks so natural!! Keep postin! xxo =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!! Em-I LOVE trying different hair styles/colors/cuts and trying on wigs is a great way to test out different looks!
    VintagStilleeto- Yes! Clip ins are definitely the best option--especially if you don't want to ruin your hair! and thanks so much! yes, my real hair got a huge makeover as well--she dyed them both to match:)

    ReplyDelete